Public Arts Commission
The City is seeking volunteers for the recently established Public Arts Commission. The Elmhurst Public Arts Commission is charged with implementing a citywide plan for the promotion and thoughtful placement of public art that includes, but is not limited to, sculptures, murals, and paintings. The Commission will work to utilize public art to improve the business climate and aesthetic appeal of the city. The Commission will consist of nine members including a designated chair and vice chair.
Commission tasks will include:
- Create an inventory of existing public art throughout the City of Elmhurst
- Work with Explore Elmhurst and other partners to create promotional materials for existing public art
- Identify high-priority locations for new, permanent installations of public art
- Provide a framework to support and move forward specific projects, both permanent and temporary, such as an installation at one of the high-priority locations or in conjunction with a museum exhibit
- In the case of a new, permanent exhibit, draft the request for proposals, evaluate submissions, and recommend a selection
- Establish partnerships to identify resources to defray the City’s costs related to new installations, and facilitate donations
Create partnerships to promote and increase public art in Elmhurst
Mayor Morley will appoint all members of the commission and designate the chair and vice chair. The City is currently accepting applications from anyone interested in volunteering. To apply, visit the City’s website to download the application: https://www.elmhurst.org/DocumentCenter/View/436/Appointed-Official-Application . Applications can be emailed to CityAdmin@elmhurst.org or mailed to the City Clerks Office at 209 N. York Street.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: JULY 31, 2018