Police Officer Recruitment
CITY OF ELMHURST POLICE OFFICER TEST
Do you think you have what it takes to be an Elmhurst Police Officer? The officers of the Elmhurst Police Department embrace a community oriented policing philosophy best summarized by our motto, "Providing the Best”. To accomplish the hiring of the best person of character and ability, candidates will be required to successfully complete rigorous tests including a physical agility, written, polygraph, an intensive background investigation, interview process, psychological, and medical tests.
Our values are at the core of what we do. We begin with a person’s character and continue to provide opportunities for growth through training and appropriate resources. We believe the public must have confidence, trust, and faith in the ability of every Elmhurst Police Officer to efficiently and competently perform their duties. The City of Elmhurst’s character is a reflection of its employees.
The starting salary for full-time police officers is currently $71,492 per year increasing to $94,277 after six years. The City of Elmhurst offers full-time police officers an outstanding benefit package including health care plans, dental, vision and life insurance. Additional benefits include; personal days, compensatory time, vacation days, tuition reimbursement, special duty payments, flexible spending account, deferred compensation plans, employee assistance program, sick leave, and a police pension fund.
Apply at http://.recruitment.iosolutions.com, phone 800-343-HIRE
Deadline for completed online applications/requested documents is 2:00 p.m. (CST) on Friday, 10/21/16
Police Officer Minimum Requirements
- $35.00 non-refundable application fee;
- Must be a citizen of the United States;
- High School diploma or equivalent high school education;
- Must be 21 years of age, and under 35 years of age at time of application, or as otherwise exempt by statute;
- Forty-five (45) semester hours of college credit (100 level or above) from a regionally accredited college or university – original, official transcripts required by application deadline (October 21, 2016).
- Valid Driver’s License;
- Valid Peace Officer Wellness Evaluation Report (POWER) issued by testing date (November 19, 2016). POWER test cards considered valid if issued within six (6) months PRIOR to testing date (May 19, 2016 – November 18, 2016)