The City of Elmhurst would like to remind its residents of the Annual Spring Clean-Up. Yard waste is not included in the Spring Clean-Up, but will be collected if properly prepared, stickered, and set out on your regular collection day. Please do not put material at the curb for Spring Clean-Up until the day prior to the event. Reminder: It is illegal to put electronics at the curb for pick-up at any time, including Spring Clean-Up. For additional information please call the Public Works Department at (630) 530-3020 or Allied Waste at (708) 345-7050.
Spring Cleanup 2014 Pickup Dates
- If your normal collection date is Wednesday, your Spring Clean-Up will be on Saturday, April 26th.
- If your normal collection date is Thursday, your Spring Clean-Up will be on Saturday, May 3rd.
- If your normal collection date is Friday, your Spring Clean-Up will be on Saturday, May 10th.
Acceptable items are to be placed at the curb by 6:00 am on collection day. Items other than furniture, large appliances, and bulk items must be placed in bags, cans, or boxes, not to exceed 50 lbs each. Acceptable items include:
- Bulk items
- Paint (hardened in cans with lids off)
- Carpet (must be in rolls no more than five feet in length and two feet in diameter)
- Construction and demolition debris (up to two cubic yards or equal to eight 33-gallon cans and placed in boxes, cans, or bundles)
- Landscape timbers (must be no longer than three feet in length)
Non-Acceptable items include:
- Boats or snowmobiles
- Bricks, concrete blocks, cement, or asphalt pavement
- Car batteries
- Electronic devices
- Hazardous or medical waste
- Large automobile parts
- Radioactive materials
- Riding lawnmowers or snowblowers