Recycling Collection Guidelines
To find out which items are acceptable, view a list of recyclable items.
Please follow these container guidelines:
Preparation of Materials
- You may set out a limitless amount of recycling containers for collection.
- Stickers are not required on recycling containers.
- Please write your address on your recycling containers to help in the recovery if lost or stolen.
- Recycling containers should be left for the new homeowner in the event that you should move.
Please follow these guidelines when preparing recyclable materials:
- Non-paper materials may be commingled inside your blue recycling container.
- Do not place recyclable materials in plastic grocery bags.
- All recyclable materials should be rinsed free of food with caps and lids removed.
- Paper items do not need to be separated from non-paper items.
- Flatten all corrugated cardboard boxes, paperboard, and wet strength carrier stock, and remove any non-paper packing material.
- Cut or fold corrugated cardboard into 3' x 3' pieces, to fit into truck compartments. Bundle or bag corrugated cardboard, paperboard, and wet strength carrier stock.
Replacement recycling containers are available at City Hall. Otherwise, you may use 18 - 20 gallon round containers available at local retailers as long as they are clearly marked "recyclables".