About the Museum
History & Mission
For more information about the museum, view our history and mission
Hours & Admission Fees
Hours: Tuesday through Sunday from 1 to 5 p.m.
General Admission: FREE
The Museum is closed on Mondays and the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Easter, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas.
Accessibility for Visitors with Disabilities
The Museum is accessible for visitors with disabilities, an interior elevator to access all levels, and an exterior lift at the rear of the building to access the first floor. Please ring the bell for assistance to access the exterior lift on the west side of the Glos Mansion. A Museum staff member will be glad to provide assistance.
For more information about accessibility or to request an accommodation, email or call 630-833-1457 . Sign Language interpretation and other accommodations should be requested at least two weeks in advance.
The Museum's exhibits include:
- A new interactive exhibit on the history and development of Elmhurst, "By All Accounts: The Story of Elmhurst";
- A varied offering of original temporary exhibits created by Museum staff; and
- Frequent traveling exhibits on loan from regional and national institutions.
The Museum's collection includes:
- A permanent collection of more than 15,500 historic artifacts;
- A permanent collection of more than 10,000 historical photographs;
- A digital collection of nearly 700 photos and manuscripts;
- More than 300 linear feet of personal, business and City records;
- A Research Library with 500 books;
- Microfilm copies of Elmhurst newspapers, census data, and Sanborn Fire Insurance maps.
Elmhurst Historical Museum offers resources for authors, researchers, residents, and students to discover more about Elmhurst history. Find out more about the reference services we offer.
Educational programs are offered to adults, families, schools, and special audiences on an ongoing basis and by appointment.