Recycling in DuPage County
- Check SCARCE (School & Community Assistance for Recycling & Composting Education) for recycling or green events, sustainability tips and more.
- Electronics recycling in DuPage County
- Recycle plastics numbered 1 - 5 in your curbside recycling.
- Recycle metal cans and jars in your curbside recycling.
- Recycle paper and cardboard in your curbside recycling.
- Drop off your used CFLs (Compact Fluorescent Light bulbs) for recycling at Home Depot, 2000 Butterfield Rd., Downers Grove or Menards, 521 E. North Ave., Glendale Heights (They do not accept the long tubes).
- Bring your household hazardous waste to the Regional Facility in Naperville.
- Dry cell batteries (AAA, AA, C, D, 9v & 6v, including rechargeables) may be recycled for a fee through Waste Management.
- Look through the DuPage County Recycling Guide to see what else you can recycle!
- Carpeting may be recycled and the nearest location is PCI Flortech, 910 W. National Avenue, Addison. Flood damaged carpeting is acceptable as long as it is dry and relatively clean. The cost is $1.00 per sy and $0.50/sy for padding. Call (630) 458-0760 for more information.
- Please contact the City's Public Works Department for information on how to dispose a mattress
Elmhurst Curbside Recycling
Please place the following in your curbside recycling bins -
- Junk Mail
- Phone Books
- Books (notebooks, novels, hard or soft textbooks; residents are encouraged to donate items in good condition.)
- Office Paper
- Post-It Notes™
- Gift Wrap
- Paper Bags
- Chipboard Boxes Such as Gift Boxes, Tissue Boxes, and Cereal Boxes
- Corrugated Cardboard Boxes including Frozen Food Boxes
- Glass Bottles and Jars
- Aluminum Cans, Foil, and Trays
- Tin or Steel Cans, Including Empty Aerosol Cans and Paint Cans
- Plastic Containers numbered #1 through #7 (except #6)
- Plastic 6-Pack Rings
- Milk Cartons and Drink Boxes
- Shredded Paper (in clear plastic bags only)
Clear plastic bags of shredded paper must contain only paper. Cards or other plasticized material contaminates the product.