2017 Exemplary Youth Service Award
Note: Family and self-nominations will not be accepted.
Examples of types of service:
- Arts & Culture: Efforts involving museums, performing arts, historical sites and programs; ethnic and cultural exploration and education programs; awareness and education for the arts.
- Community Service: Service to improve a neighborhood or community.
- Education/Literacy: Service in schools or community-based learning programs from youth to seniors.
- Environment: Environmental education, public awareness, protection and/or enhancement.
- Health and Special Needs: Service providing physical and/or mental health care; substance-abuse prevention and/or rehabilitation.
- Human Needs: Child care; youth and community recreation; services to the elderly, people with disabilities, families, and/or children; assistance to homeless or impoverished persons/families; veterans/military families; housing and short-term crisis resolution; or social services.
- Public Safety/Disaster Management: Education about safety, assistance in disaster preparedness or helping victims of natural disaster.
- Social Justice/Advocacy/Economic Opportunity: Efforts to bring together diverse groups within the community that focus on creating and strengthening social ties and/or promote equity and justice.
Recognition of all Volunteers:
All volunteers, nominators, and their guests will be invited to the City of Elmhurst Exemplary Youth Service Awards program at Sandburg Middle School on Wednesday, April 26 at 7:00PM. A dessert reception will follow. All nominated volunteers will be recognized as part of the program.
Selection of Exemplary Youth Volunteers:
The City of Elmhurst Commission on Youth will coordinate the review and selection of Exemplary Youth Service Volunteers by a panel of independent judges from the Elmhurst community. The nominations will be reviewed and scored by independent judges using a rubric that includes the criteria reflected in the application. Selection of exemplary volunteers is done via a blind review process.
Nominations will be accepted until March 10, 2017. Nominations received after this date will not be considered.