Sign Permits

How To Obtain a Sign Permit

Please be aware that permits are required for virtually all signage. To apply, please submit a Sign Permit Application(PDF).

Contact the Planning and Zoning Administrator at (630) 530-3121 for permit requirements, temporary banners, or additional information.

Temporary Signage

The only permitted temporary signs allowed are banners limited to 30 days in a calendar year. These banners need approval from the Planning and Zoning Administrator prior to installation.

Prohibited Signage

Signage expressly prohibited by ordinance includes:
  • Moving or animated signs
  • Attention getting devices such as balloons and other inflatables
  • Spinners and pennants
  • Portable / temporary signs
  • Reflective paint or tape signs
  • Signs on utility poles, trees, or city property (parkways)