Elmhurst Walk and Rollers Working Group
- No terms
- 11 Members appointed by the Mayor
The group serves as an advisory group to the City, as suggested in the Pedestrian and Bike plan, and will build relationships with local groups and institutions to offer consistent, year-round education and activities that encourage walking and biking. As described in the plan, specific activities may include the following:
- Provide annual, age-appropriate pedestrian and bicycle education to students;
- Distribute electronic and/or paper maps of walking and biking routes;
- Offer incentives for walking and biking to events and destinations;
- Hold regular family-friendly rides, where parents and children can ride together on low-traffic residential streets;
- Develop branding for use in walking and biking-focused initiatives, studies, and infrastructure projects undertaken by the City of Elmhurst, the Elmhurst School District, the Elmhurst Park District and community partners; and
- Connect with cycling organizations in surrounding communities to increase awareness of the Elmhurst businesses easily accessible by bike.
To promote safe and accessible: biking, walking, running, and mobility for all; on roadways, sidewalks, and trails via education, example, and advocacy.
August 24, 2023 at 7 p.m. at City Hall, Conference Room 4