Commission on Youth
- Regular term - three years
- 12 appointed members
- Council consent needed
Monthly on the second Monday of the month at 12:45pm., City Hall, Conference Room #2, unless otherwise noted.
- January 9, 2023
- February 13, 2023
- March 13, 2023
- April 10, 2023
- May 8, 2023
- June 13, 2023
- August 8, 2023
- September 11, 2023
- October 17, 2023
- November 14, 2023
- December 19, 2023
To advise and make recommendations to the City Council on issues affecting the youth of the City and to perform such other duties as the City Council may direct.
Mission Statement: the Elmhurst Commission on Youth will advocate for positive opportunities which promote the health and well-being of youth in our community.
Vision Statement: In a visionary and advisory role to the City, the Commission on Youth is the common thread connecting youth serving organizations to promote the health and wellbeing of youth in our community.
- To create, support and encourage a vibrant and sustainable partnership of youth-serving organizations in the Elmhurst community, in order to identify the “gaps, traps and overlaps” in service to Elmhurst youth and their families. · Network city-wide with youth service providers
- Maintain and update Commission on Youth page of the City website
- To actively engage our youth through the development of city-wide programs and events promoting meaningful involvement in the community · Events (Exemplary Youth Service awards, job fair/ volunteer fair, drug and alcohol awareness/prevention, bullying prevention, peer/social issues, and emotional well-being.)
- To improve and enhance two-way communication and awareness of both the needs of our youth, as well as their invaluable and unique perspective with representation of youth organizations serving on the commission.
|Jackie Tamer, Chair||4-30-2026|
|Officer Tim Jorgensen (Staff)|
|Officer Joan Velez (Staff)|
|Tonya Daniels - District 205 (Ex-Officio)|
|Marti Deuter- Alderman (Ex-Officio)|
Agendas and Minutes
Commission on Youth agendas and minutes are on Board Docs (starting in April 2020). Please click the link below to view meeting materials.
Link to Board Docs
Archived Agendas & Meeting Minutes
Prior to April 2020
Agenda are available prior to the meetings. View All
Minutes are available following approval. View All