Senior Citizens Commission
- Regular term - three years
- 17 appointed members - two members under 55, seven members over 55, four members representing organizations providing service to seniors
- Council approval needed
Second Wednesday of the month. Meetings held at the Elmhurst Public Library at 1:00 p.m.
- January 11, 2023
- February 8, 2023
- March 8, 2023
- April 12, 2023
- May 10, 2023
- June 14, 2023
- September 13, 2023
- October 11, 2023
- November 8, 2023
- December 13, 2023
Powers and duties include:
- The commission may make recommendations from time to time to the City Council with respect to adoption and amendment of ordinances relating to senior citizens, after investigating the needs and concerns of senior citizens.
- The commission shall assist senior citizens of the community in obtaining help, when necessary, from governmental and other local agencies.
- The commission shall, upon direction and approval by the Mayor and City Council, conduct public hearings, or otherwise obtain factual data in order to recommend to the City Council programs for the benefit of the citizens of the City of Elmhurst.
- The commission further shall, through the City Council, effect a program of education on matters relating to senior citizens.
|Cathy Jordan, Chair||4-30-2026|
Agendas and Minutes
Senior Citizens Commission agendas and minutes are on Board Docs (starting in April 2020). Please click the link below to view meeting materials.
Link to Board Docs
Archived Agendas & Meeting Minutes Prior to April 2020
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. View All
Minutes are available following approval. View All