Public Works Citizen's Academy
The Public Works Citizen's Academy is a 6-week program designed to give citizens a working knowledge of how the City of Elmhurst Public Works department provides vital functions to the community. This includes an in-depth overview of the divisions, interactive hands-on activities, along with tours of City facilities and presentations by Public Works staff. The program, which is geared towards adults (you must be 18 or older to participate), will be held over six weeks with sessions as follows:
- Thursday, April 13, 2023 - 6:00pm - 8:00pm
- Thursday, April 20, 2023 - 6:00pm - 8:00pm
- Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 6:00pm - 8:00pm
- Thursday, May 4, 2023 - 6:00pm - 8:00pm
- Thursday, May 11, 2023 - 6:00pm - 8:00pm
- Monday, May 15, 2022 -6:00pm - 7:30pm @ City Hall
At the end of the program, participants will be recognized as Public Works Citizen Academy graduates at a ceremony at City Hall. The program is limited to 25 students per session and the application deadline is April 6th.
Applications will be accepted in the order they are received. Questions can be directed to the Public Works Department at (630)530-3753.